Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Heading West and A Stewardship Resource

I hope this post finds you all doing well. I'm preparing to leave for the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress this weekend. If you've never been, you really need to make a plan and go some year. Over 30,000 Catholics of all nationalities and ages from parishes all over the world, in one place. It's so uplifting! The workshops enlightening, Liturgies amazing and I'm energized for days. It's something I look forward to every year. It's a great networking place too!
Our Sunday Visitor will be there in full. This is the biggest show for our Curriculum Division, and our Publishing crew does well also. Offertory Solutions will be there this year (after a brief reprieve) with a kiosk demonstrating easy parish websites through our new web tools.
Before I left for the West Coast though, I wanted to let you all know about a website and resource that's been published for some time by the Stewardship and Development Office in the Diocese of Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Mr. Mark Blanchard. They produce a monthly e-letter called "Stewardship Today" that I really like. The site is http://www.stewardshiptoday.org/. There's a monthly devotion, and stories of prayer, ministry and finance, along with other monthly tidbits. Check it out and let me know if you like it.
Take good care of the vineyard you're entrusted with! Bye for now.

No comments: